Thursday, October 21, 2010

College

I’ve never been much of a blogger, or someone who shares her thoughts through writing. I’ve recently given up facebook and I’ve found that there isn’t much else for me to do except read people’s blogs when I’m bored. So then I was thinking to myself, “Well Kaylee, you had to create this blog for an English class in high school and it’s just sitting here. You mine as well starting putting stuff on it, so it doesn’t look so ridiculous.” So here I am.

I am now a freshman at Wayne State College. I’m pursuing a degree in Clinical Laboratory Science. I have a lot of passion for science, and yes I know I’m a nerd. Challenging things that scare other people excited me. But recently this whole Science thing has been kicking my butt at college. The transition from high school to college is proving to be more difficult than I expected. I was used to getting really good grades and being on top in high school without really trying that hard. It all came pretty easy to me. College is definitely a whole different ball field. It seems no matter how much I study I’m still unprepared. It’s very frustrating for me, but I know I can do better. Once my brain gets used to the caliber of classes we will be good to go. I am not very patient sometimes and I feel like that’s what is happening here. I want to skip this whole “transition period” and just fit right in at college. It doesn’t work that way unfortunately.

It has definitely been a struggle these first couple months at college, but God is so good. There are so many amazing people here. God has put new friends in my life and I LOVE making new friends. That has also been a huge distraction for me at college too. I’m finding it hard to focus on school work when there are so many possibilities to be spending time with friends and meeting new people. I’m getting better slowly, very slowly. That is why I chose to give up facebook. I was finding so many things distracting, that I needed to discipline some aspect of my life. I am a firm believer in taking the time every now and then and disciplining yourself in some way. I did a devotion once where I had to fast from media for 40 days, and it was SO hard. It was so rewarding though. Everything else in my life seemed to fall into place, just because I was disciplining myself in that one aspect of my life. I am hoping that doing this fast from facebook will do the same.

So that is my life so far at college. It’s been a whirlwind of emotions, some good and some bad. God is definitely working in my life and in the lives around me, and that’s exciting! I’ll leave you guys with my favorite verse.

Now faith is being sure of what we hope for, and certain of what we do not see. ~Hebrews 11:1~

No comments:

Post a Comment