Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Lockers

Early mornings that drag on to days that fly by with amazing speed.
When I walk to this locker a lot of emotions flood through me.
As an underclassman not wanting to be here
To your senior year when you wonder where the days went.

The unforgettable locker buddies you look forward to seeing everyday
To the frustration of not being able to get the gosh darn thing open.
So many times I've stared at the books inside
And wondered which ones I had to take home that day, if not all of them.

They may seem innocent and harmless,
But little do you know I've had more than enough battle scars
And bruises from "wrestling" with it.
It's always a little sad each year when you move lockers
And the people that now surround you aren't the same.
Because that one locker, that one year, with those people can never be the same.

2 comments:

  1. Good Job Kaylee, I like how you talked about each year never being the same as the next and the part where you said you've gotten "battle scars and bruises from wrestilng with it"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kaylee,

    I wondered if this was written during your writing marathon, or inspired from our around the school marathon? It is really good. Those silly lockers are kind of a pain, aren't they? Nice job!

    ReplyDelete